How to buy JPJ number plate online? Buying exclusive or premium license plates online has become a choice for vehicle owners. That’s why many vehicle owners are willing to spend hundreds or thousands of ringgit to get a unique license plate for their cars or motorcycles.
7 Important Things You Need to Know Before Buying License Plates Online
Before making a decision to buy a new license plate, it’s important for you to be aware of all the crucial aspects related to the process of buying license plates online. For those who may be purchasing a license plate for the first time, here’s a guide on how to buy JPJ license plates online for your reference:
1. Buying License Plates – Current Plate Categories
The current license plates available for bidding are divided into several categories, as follows:
Main Numbers (Golden Numbers)
Single-digit license plates like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and so on. The price of a single-digit license plate starts from as low as RM20,000.
Attractive license plate numbers like 11, 44, 88, 777, 9999, and so on. The price of a two-digit license plate usually starts from as low as RM3,000 and can go up to tens of thousands of ringgit depending on demand.
Popular license plate numbers like 121, 242, 575, 898, 909, and so on. Typically, the price of a three-digit license plate starts from a minimum of RM800.
Current license plate numbers other than popular, attractive, and main numbers. The price of a four-digit license plate starts from as low as RM300.
2. Price of License Plates for Vehicle Registration Reservation
Each reserved license plate is subject to a price and a minimum bid increase (according to the category) as follows:
|Minimum Bid Increase (5%)
The minimum bid increase is five percent of the minimum price amount. There is no maximum limit imposed on the bid increase. You can refer to the bid increase formula for running license plate numbers as follows:
|Minimum Bid Increase (5%)
|Minimum Bid Increase
|Bid 4 (and onwards)
|Increase by RM5 (or more, depending on the bidder)
3. Payment Methods for Purchasing License Plates
Payment for bidding on license plates can be made using local credit cards or debit cards only. Bidders can use multiple credit cards or debit cards to make additional bids.
If the online license plate bid is successful, the bid amount will be immediately deducted from the bidder’s credit card or debit card. However, if the bid to purchase the license plate is unsuccessful, the transaction will be canceled by the bank.
The amount will be credited back to the bidder’s credit card or debit card without any additional charges. The settlement amount for unsuccessful bids will be credited to the bidder’s credit card within seven working days.
For debit cards, the timeframe may take up to fourteen working days, depending on the issuer bank.
4. Successful Vehicle Number Plate Registration Process
The deadline for vehicle number plate registration is 12 months from the date of issuance of the Offer Letter. Successful bidders or their representatives can personally visit any JPJ branch and must bring the following documents:
- Printout of the Successful Bidding Decision Email;
- Copy of identification card/company identification copy.
The won vehicle registration number plate can be transferred to immediate family members such as mother, father, spouse, siblings, or children. You only need to provide birth certificates, marriage certificates, and other relevant supporting documents during the vehicle registration process.
Name transfer involving companies, organizations, or cooperatives is NOT allowed.
5. How to Purchase JPJ License Plates Online through JPJeBid
JPJeBid (or JPJ ebid, e bidding JPJ, and ebid JPJ) refers to the Online Vehicle Registration Number Bidding System by the Malaysian Road Transport Department (JPJ). It allows for convenient online bidding for vehicle license plates.
To use this system, you need to register with the MySIKAP Public Portal first. Registration for MySIKAP can be done at any state JPJ office or branch.
Here are the steps to register with the JPJeBid portal to purchase license plates:
- For first-time users, click on “Daftar Baharu” (New Registration). Registration can be done online on the JPJeBid portal.
- Applicants who wish to register with JPJeBid need to submit copies of the following documents during registration: copy of identification card (individual) or copy of business certificate and license (company).
- Check your email for registration verification. Click on the link provided in the email.
- Then, log in to the JPJeBid portal (JPJeBid login) or the JPJeBid mobile application using the assigned ID and password.
- Enter the User ID, password, and fill in the displayed captcha to log into the system.
- Perform a search for your desired license plate number. The search can be based on state series or special series registration numbers. Only three categories of registration numbers are available for bidding in the JPJeBid system – Main, Attractive, and Popular numbers.
- The current vehicle registration number search results will be displayed. Click on the desired registration number you want to bid for, then click the “Bida” button.
- Bidding can be done by entering the desired amount. A service fee of RM10 will be charged for each registration number bid. This fee is government-imposed and non-refundable.
- The payment screen will be displayed. Verify the amount to proceed with the transaction to the bank payment page. Enter the required information to make the bid payment.
- Complete the process.
6. How to Reserve Vehicle Registration Numbers through MySikap
In addition to the bidding method mentioned above, you can also purchase running or current selection license plates through MySikap. Here is a step-by-step guide for the online process of buying license plates:
- Visit the official MySikap portal. If you don’t have an account with MySikap, you need to register as a user by clicking on “Log Masuk Kali Pertama MyKad” (First Time Login with MyKad).
- Similar to JPJeBid registration, you need to provide information such as identification card number, phone number, and email for verification purposes.
- You will receive a verification email. Click on the link provided by the MySIKAP system and set a new password.
- Then, log in using the newly assigned ID and password.
- Once you have successfully logged in, click on the “Kenderaan” (Vehicle) section on the MySikap homepage, then click on “Tempahan Nombor Pendaftaran” (Registration Number Reservation).
- Perform a search for the vehicle registration number by entering the preferred state or area, prefix series, and suffix series. Under the number section, select the “Nombor” (Number) dropdown if you have a specific number you want to search for. Then, click on the “Cari” (Search) button.
- If the number you are searching for is still available, you can proceed to purchase the license plate without the need for bidding.
- Alternatively, you can search for license plate numbers within a range of 50 numbers. In the number section, select the “Julat (Pilihan dalam Lingkungan 50)” (Range – Options within 50) dropdown.
- The numbers listed within that range which have not been successfully bid will be displayed. Select your preferred number and proceed with the payment process. A fee of RM300 will be charged for the current number reservation, with an additional RM10 for service charges.
- Once the payment process is completed, the system will send a receipt containing information about the successfully purchased registration number.
7. Bidding Period
The official bidding results will be announced within 24 hours after the bidding period ends. However, this timeframe depends on the transaction between you and the bank. The system administrator will send an email to the bidders to notify them of the bidding status, whether it was successful or not.
The bidding results can also be viewed through the JPJeBid portal by searching for the respective vehicle registration number.
Buy JPJ Number Plate: Frequently Asked Questions about the Online Process
In addition, you can refer to frequently asked questions regarding the process of bidding for license plates and vehicle registration number reservations, commonly asked by prospective bidders:
1. Are there any fees or charges for bidding on JPJ license plates?
Yes, a service fee of RM10 will be charged for each registration number that is bid or purchased. This fee will be collected by the government and is non-refundable.
2. Is a deposit required before bidding on JPJ license plates?
No deposit is required. However, bidders need to make the minimum payment according to the vehicle number category.
3. Can bidders withdraw their bid for JPJ license plates?
No, bidders are not allowed to withdraw their bid throughout the bidding period.
4. How can I stay informed about the ongoing process of buying JPJ license plates?
You can follow social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook of JPJ Malaysia to stay updated on any latest developments regarding the purchase of license plates. You can also check the official JPJ website for updates.
5. How long does the bidding period for JPJ license plates for a particular series of vehicle numbers last?
The bidding period for a series of vehicle registration numbers usually lasts for five days and ends at 11:59 PM on the fifth day.
The bidding period takes into account the duration of the bidding process and not the time of payment to the bank.
Choose the Best Car Insurance for Future Protection
Hopefully, this information has helped you understand how to buy license plates online and obtain the latest vehicle registration numbers for your desired car or motorcycle. Additionally, if you want to get the best car insurance policy for your new car, visit the Qoala website for more information.
Qoala is a platform that offers the best insurance comparison and renewal options with attractive, affordable, and worthwhile insurance prices. So, don’t wait any longer, get the car insurance policy that suits your needs at Qoala today!